Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tour Blog #2

There are some unexpected mysteries that pop up in each of our lives. One such unexplained enigma surfaced in my life not long ago when I realized that I had never met a single person from the state of Idaho. What's more, I didn't think I had even spoken to a person who had ever spent any amount of time in Idaho. I had absolutely no point of reference for what the Gem State was like outside of an entirely blue football field I had seen on TV.

Fortunately, two things happened: 1) a co-worker friend of my wife informed me that she had attended college at the University of Idaho and was able to inform me about a thing or two, and, 2) I went on tour with the Tyler Ward Crew.

Those Idahoans love their Broncos.

Anyone know who Titus Young is? I'll bet you someone in Idaho does.


Thus, today I am able to check not only this mysterious blank spot in my geographical reference off of my list of visited states, but it's westerly neighbors, Oregon (pronounced O-ray-gone by the manager at Outback Steakhouse tonight) and Washington, as well. It truly is an exciting moment for a travel geek like me to set foot in a new state, even if only passing through. What's really making the ramblin' glands salivate is the knowledge that, God-willing, I will end up on the entirely other side of this great country before this tour is over.

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips