Saturday, February 25, 2012

London Calling

Here we are, backstage at the University of Manchester's Academy 3. It's early and they've provided us with free broadband; I've come to learn that I need to take advantage whenever I can!

Midday in Manchester

We are only two shows into this tour, and already I find myself enamored with this British isle. London is truly a city all its own. Large, to be sure; massive, even. But without the claustrophobia or grime of other huge towns. She is busy and active and jam-packed with class: thousands of people fill the main thoroughfares, all seemingly with their own unique and individual style. On top of it all, the Londoners are accommodating and genuinely nice. I have been won over.

Cheers.

The London performance took place at Dingwalls, a club that finds its home in historic Camden Town. A vibrant energy seeps from the very stones of the buildings and the crowd was no-less electric, helping to make a great memory for us American blokes. Before the show, I enjoyed my very first dinner of Bangers & Mash (exquisite); afterward, a drink with a fellow high school alumnus who was too good for any of us at the Hawley Arms, formerly owned by Amy Winehouse.

Lamps, hats, ties... Vibe.

The following day found our crew with no particular place to be, so of course my history bug flared up and I was able to convince the guys to spend the day taking on the city by foot. St. Paul's, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Parliament & Big Ben: the architecture and history undoubtedly speak for themselves over here.



"We are only two shows into this tour, and already I find myself enamored..."

This tour is quickly turning into the adventure I've always hoped it would be.

Historia Sustinet

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am so happy that you actually are getting time to see the sites. Good stuff! Who was the high school alumnus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm living vicariously through you right now!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips