Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rockin' Charlie Dickens' Hometown

Cheers, everyone.


I'm blogging from backstage here at the Wedgewood Rooms of Portsmouth, waiting to go on for Tyler Ward's first-ever headlining show in Europe. Despite the setback incurred by blowing a few fuses (240 British volts going right through everything), the sound check went swimmingly and the show will indeed go on.

Always cool using the I.

There is a noticeable difference so far in the way our British friends manage their smaller music venues. If I had to, I'd eat off the floor here... in the bathroom. Not to sound at all hyperbolic, but most of the American crews and club owners I've had to work with in the past could certainly learn a thing or two from their British counterparts. How nice it is to feel comfortable and taken care of when you're almost halfway around the world. (Despite the bizarre potato chip flavors, that is... Prawn Cocktail just doesn't seem quite right to me.)

Mercedes-Benz providing us our home away from home.

I can't relay just how excited and blessed we all feel to be on this tour. Dreams that have been fomenting for more than a decade will come to fruition tonight for this drummer, and I personally could not be more thankful. The vibe is chill, the mood is up, and everyone is feeling relaxed and excited for whatever comes our way over the next few weeks.

The Rented Party - a Yamaha Maple Custom

Keep checking in for more updates.... can't wait to post them!

3 comments:

  1. Really cool, that you keep updating your blog while you're on tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips