Monday, October 14, 2013

First Things First

So, it's been awhile since I last posted. That is, of course, my bad. In my defense, it's been a crazy few weeks, but I'm back out on the road where things tend to move at a much more relaxed pace.

How to fight jet lag in Munich.

Or something.

So, in the interest of catching everyone up...

We are currently 4 days away from Tyler Ward's very first major label release. The Honestly album will be released on Friday, and to both celebrate and commemorate, we've planned a little tour over here in Europe. As it stands, I'm typing this blog up in a hotel room in Munich, Germany, getting ready for a few days of final rehearsals and beating jet lag before the album drops & the tour starts.

But last week, my wife and I began moving into our brand new home in Colorado. It was one day after another of painting, installing hardwood floors, unpacking boxes, making arrangements for satellite TV and internet installation, hanging curtain rods, and any number of other brand-new-home-in-Colorado-type of activities.

Which kept me from blogging about the week before...

...which was rehearsal week in Los Angeles. Tyler rented a space in Hollywood for the band to use in order to put together a brand new show for this upcoming tour. And, dare I say, I'm excited to be out and playing again. I'm excited to perform the new songs. I'm excited to be back in Europe. It feels like it's been too long.

But, rehearsal week had its own set of extra curricular activities. T-Ward cut a duet track with The Plain White T's (of Hey There, Delilah and The Rhythm of Love fame) and shot a video for it with them at YouTube's LA headquarters. Where, incidentally, we met the Predator. Tyler also released the first video from Honestly: a recut version of Falling, with the one and only Alex G, the single for which has begun getting radio airplay over here in Germany.

And so, here we are. We finally have airplay. A little, anyway.

All of that (and more, I'm sure) has led us to today, where I sit blogging in my hotel room, with a few books on the Nook, some new music on the iPod, & a few movies on the iPad - all waiting to be enjoyed in-between implementing the real modus operandi behind our latest ten-and-a-half hour flight: yet another Tyler Ward European tour.

It's been too long.

And it's good to be back.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips