Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Adventures In iTunes: R&B Groovin'

Groove.

That's the name of the game today.

The songs on today's playlist are some of my favorite examples of what I consider to be true rhythm & blues music - music driven by that indomitable groove and all of the things that comprise it: a mountainous serving of feel, melody + harmony, dynamics, and soul, soul, soul.

So, whether it's dancin' slow or driving with the top down, be sure to check out the tunes on this list for some dynamite accompaniment. Chuck the computer beats (mostly), the auto-tune, and anything that takes away from the vibe, brothers & sisters.

Let's get groovy.
  • She Caught The Katy, Soul Man - The Blues Brothers   
  • You Put the Flame on It - Charles Bradley   
  • Gimme Some Lovin' - Steve Winwood       
  • Minute By Minute, I Keep Forgettin' - Michael McDonald   
  • (She's) Some Kind Of Wonderful, When The Time Has Come, It's Alright - Huey Lewis & The News   
  • Let's Stay Together - Al Green       
  • Since I Lost My Baby, The Way You Do The Things You Do, Papa Was A Rollin' Stone, My Girl, Ain't Too Proud To Beg - The Temptations   
  • Stand By Me - Ben E. King   
  • Use Me, Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers   
  • Green Onions - Booker T. & The MG's       
  • Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs   
  • Crazy Love - Brian McKnight   
  • Nightshift - The Commodores           
  • Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, What's Going On, Trouble Man, Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye   
  • A Change Is Gonna Come, Having A Party, (What A) Wonderful World, Bring It On Home To Me - Sam Cooke           
  • Long As I Can See the Light - Creedence Clearwater Revival   
  • People Get Ready - Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions   
  • Bell Bottom Blues - Eric Clapton   
  • Baby I Need Your Loving, I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch), Ain't No Woman (Like the One I've Got) - The Four Tops
  • It's Your Thing - The Isley Brothers
  • (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher - Jackie Wilson   
  • Respect, Amen, Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay, That's How Strong My Love Is, Satisfaction, Hard To Handle - Otis Redding    
  • Rock With You, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Wanna Be Startin' Something - Michael Jackson    
  • Hands Of Time - Groove Armada   
  • Papa's Got a Brand New Bag, Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2 - James Brown   
  • You Should Be Mine - Jeffrey Osborne   
  • Come On Back, Crapped Out Again - Keb' 'Mo     
  • Groove Me - King Floyd   
  • Land Of 1000 Dances, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, In the Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett   
  • Just To Be Close To You - Lionel Richie   
  • Shining Star - The Manhattans   
  • I Want You Back, ABC - The Jackson 5      
  • Groovin', Good Lovin', A Beautiful Morning - The Rascals            
  • Come and Get Your Love - Redbone            
  • Fire, Love Rollercoaster - Ohio Players   
  • Georgia On My Mind, Hit The Road Jack, What'd I Say, Crazy Love (with Van Morrison), Hallelujah I Love Her So, You Are My Sunshine - Ray Charles     
  • When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge   
  • Only You - The Platters   
  • Crazy Love, Real Real Gone, Into The Mystic, Domino, Days Like This, Stranded - Van Morrison      
  • Starting All Over Again - Mel & Tim   
  • Nobody There But Me - Bruce Hornsby     
  • You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling, Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers  
  • Hold On! I'm Comin' - Sam & Dave    
  • If You Don't Know Me By Now - Seal             
  • Love's Holiday, September, Got To Get You Into My Life - Earth, Wind & Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips