Monday, October 1, 2012

Gabriel @ Red Rocks

Nothing like celebrating the beginning of your own tour by going to see someone else's.

Especially when that someone else is Peter Gabriel.

Red Rain
Last night, the wife, sister-in-law, and I ventured up to the world's most beautiful live performance venue to catch Peter's Back-to-Front tour. The whole idea was in keeping with the 25th anniversary of the release of the legendary So album. Gabriel reunited the entire lineup that helped him forge the record - Tony Levin on bass, Manu Katche on drums, David Sanctius on keyboards, and David Rhodes on guitar - and played the entire thing down, top to bottom.

I hope that saying it was an inspiration would be obvious. I've been wanting to see Peter Gabriel for years - check that one off the bucket list - and he most definitely did not disappoint. The cool thing about it was not just the inspiration that came for this next tour (leaving today), but for every single tour I ever get to be a part of in my life. When I see a great performance, it sticks with me. It becomes part of the imprint of my entire musical experience, and hopefully, in some small way, gets returned to the people who will come to see me play one day.

 Now, we just gotta figure out how to play Red Rocks....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips