Monday, April 21, 2014

Quincy Tells It Like It Is

Legendary producer and arranger Quincy Jones recently shared some insight on the modern music industry.

"Music has gone so far down lately because everyone is going after the money," he says. "People are making songs to sell all sorts of things such as tires, clothes and alcohol. When you go after the money, God walks out of the room, trust me. I never went out after the fame and money. I was just doing what I loved and the money came. You gotta do what you love and really believe in it because that is your truth. I plan to stay like that." 

Read and consider the rest of his thoughts on the industry, hip hop, techno, and the difference between contemporary and more... ahem... classic producers like Quincy himself here. I might respectfully suggest that such words from a living legend and a more-than-five-decade veteran of the music industry should carry some weight for those of us looking both to make music our living as well as for those who just enjoy being fans and listening.

Seems to me it might be time to reconsider a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips