Saturday, November 10, 2012

Take A Seat

Before the tour started, I made contact with a company out of Georgia that was promoting a new product they assured me would change my overall drumming experience. Now, a little more than halfway through our current tour, I can honestly say that they've delivered on their promise.

The people at Carmichael Drum Thrones have developed the best kind of idea: a brand new one that should make everyone else plant a palm firmly against their forehead and declare, "Why didn't I think of that?!?" Carmichael's goal was to create a drum throne that would actually help drummers relax and play without the usual side effects of back pain, especially after a 90-minute set or two hour practice session. The solution was both simple and sensible: a seat that supports the drummer on either side of their butt without compressing the base of the spine.

The simple truth is that the sitting position is one of the hardest for anyone's body to function in and we drummers not only put in all of our hours while sitting down, but twisting, turning, stretching, flexing, and moving in just about every conceivable way in order to play our instruments. To put it mildly, it's not the easiest job in the world in regards to our bodies.
So, because I was both sick of dealing with serious back pain several times during a tour (as was the case in the T-Ward Band's previous excursions out on the road), and because I'm not really looking forward to needing back surgery when I'm 50, I decided to give the Carmichael Throne a shot.

Dig this: Carmichael has come through in a huge way.

I have yet to experience any lingering discomfort or after-effects due to performing over the past couple of months. Unlike some other players that have already been turned on to the Carmichael Throne, I didn't have any debilitating or chronic issues before I started playing on it - just the inevitable stiffness & soreness that has always accompanied the grind of touring and performance. Now I'm here to gladly report that due to playing on Carmichael's new product, the days of feeling a bit broken and enfeebled after a show seem to be gone.


So for all of you drummers out there looking to do away with one of the most unpleasant consequences of doing what you love to do, check out Carmichael Drum Thrones. Take it from this guy - it's money well-spent. Your body will thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips